Georgia’s governor is expected to sign the bill today (4/23/2014).
The bill, described by the National Rifle Association’s lobbying arm as “the most comprehensive pro-gun reform legislation introduced in recent state history,” expands the scope of public places where licensed owners are allowed to carry firearms.
According to new reports, the law:
* allows concealed carry for those with license in more places
* removes the requirement that gun stores obtain a state license
* removes fingerprinting requirement for renewal of carry permits
* allows schools to permit some employees to be armed
* prevents prosecution of felon’s who use illegal firearms in otherwise lawful self-defense
* allows silencers to be used in hunting
* allows firearms in public housing
* prevents the state from taking away gun rights during a state of emergency
* creates an “absolute” defense for the legal use of deadly force in the face of a violent attack
* prohibits the state from creating and maintaining a database of licensed weapons carriers
I want to move to Georgia (or another gun-friendly State).